The University Grants Commission (UGC) has made changes in the eligibility criteria of the National Eligibility Test (NET) exam 2017.
According to a report in the Hindustan Times, following are the changes made by UGC:
- Candidates in the reserved category, who earlier qualified with 15 per cent, will now be considered at 6 per cent
- Changes are expected in the rule which gives preference to reserved category candidates in the minimum cut-off list over the Unreserved Category
The registration procedure will begin from August 1 and the last date to apply is August 30.
- Official notification: July 24
- Online Registration: August 1
- Last date to apply: August 30
- Payment of fees: August 31
- Exam date: November 19
About CBSE UGC NET:
UGC (University Grants Commission) is a statutory organization established by the union government in 1956. Its main objective is to provide recognition to the Indian universities and provide funds to such recognized universities and colleges.
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) now conducts this exam on behalf of UGC for the post of Lecturer and for providing the JRF for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and in research.
The exam is conducted in streams such as Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce etc.
(This news is directly sourced from indiatoday.in)