B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) - Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is a 4 year Course with the following Objective:
To induce a sense of excitement in learning by adapting a holistic approach
through well designed curriculum, pedagogy and evaluation for a successful
To provide a strong foundation in physical sciences and analytics to enable
comprehensive understanding of the basic principles of Mechanical
To develop knowledge and skill in applying engineering principles to conceive,
design, analyze, manufacture, maintain and recycle engineering systems and
To equip the students with essential fundamental knowledge not only in the
facets of Mechanical Engineering but also from other relevant disciplines to
infuse a multi-disciplinary approach
To enhance the spirit of inquiry through projects, internships leading to
development of creativity, self confidence and team spirit
To provide necessary ambience with scope for developing communication
and life skills so as to meet the needs of the society in the globalized
For NRI Candidates
Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian education, CBSE, ISCE etc.) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology.
For Foreign Students
• English as one of the subjects of qualifying examination.
• Mathematics, physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects (for all B.Tech.Programmes except Biotechnology and related programmes)
• Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology as compulsory subjects. (For B.Tech. Biotechnology and related programmes)
• Candidates completed A Levels, IB, STPM, HSC, WASSCE, NCEA Level 3, American High School Diploma, etc. with minimum 60% aggregate or equivalent grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a pass in English.
• Candidates studied under American High School system are eligible, if the above courses have been studied in the 11th and 12th grades or 'AP' (Advanced Placement) courses.
• Date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st July, 1994.
Candidates are instructed to apply through online by visiting our university website